Secondly, if you are not interested in linking up your stories this week and if you don't have another idea to write on, feel free to pop on over to Share a Pair of Stories for a straight-up lifestory writing prompt.
Okay, if you are here to link up your stories, let's review our progress so far.
- We found the theme (or themes) that seems central or recurs often in our stories.
- We discovered which other genre's characteristics our story shares.
- We identified the places that our shorter stories should fill on a plot line of our larger story's genre.
- We identified the inner change that our character makes during the course of our stories and started to put specific events to the changes.
Somewhere in your journey, you likely felt:
- At peace
Next, most of us need, on the inside, to feel secure in the following areas:
- Autonomy/Initiative (I'm able to do it myself without needing to ask.)
- Identity, often through Industry or what you do (You need to be busy, and what you do often defines how you see yourself.)
- Intimacy (You need to be connected, loved for who you are, and to make a difference on those around you.)
Finally, most of us are seeking--and will change ourselves to obtain:
- Physical security and satiation of basic bodily needs
- Social belonging
- Self respect and respect from peers