Now, we don't have to remember a jingle per se, but remembering the songs and rhymes of your childhood can unlock floods of memories.
Begin by dredging up a rhyme from your past:
- How did you select "it?" Did you use "Eenie-meenie-mynie-moe" or "Ocka-bocka-soda-crocka?"
- What did you say when you skipped rope? "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear?" "Cinderella, Dressed in Yella?"
- How did you tease one another? "I see London. I see France?" "Johnny and Mary sitting in a tree?"
- Who generally said the rhyme with you?
- When did you use it?
- Why did you resort to it?
- How does it sound and smell?
- What are your feelings and how were they expressed in your body?
- What were your interactions with your playmates? How did their responses reveal their personalities?
I look forward to your responses!