Secondly, if you are not interested in linking up your stories this week and if you don't have another idea to write on, feel free to pop on over to Share a Pair of Stories for a straight-up lifestory writing prompt.
Okay, if you are here to link up your stories, let's review our progress so far.
- We found the theme (or themes) that seems central or recurs often in our stories.
- We discovered which other genre's characteristics our story shares.
- We identified the places that our shorter stories should fill on a plot line of our larger story's genre.
- We identified the inner change that our character makes during the course of our stories and started to put specific events to the changes.
- We noted common components of the inner change narrative.
- We combined our two plot lines together.
- We beefed up our climax.
- Does my climax relate directly to the theme of my stories?
- Does everything before the climax clearly point to the approach of the climax?
- Do I explain how I got all of the skills I needed in the climax?
- Have I included all of the pertinent (not everything, mind you, only everything pertinent) background information necessary to understand the climax?
- Does all of the action afterward stem from the climax (of the inner or literal narrative)?
- Does my resolution happen because of the climax?
I can't wait to see you in September!!